Frequently Asked Questions
Fishing Trip FAQ’s
Here are some answers to common questions we often get regarding our fishing charters. We hope these answers help. If you have other questions, please feel free to call us anytime at 305-432-0046.
When should I make a reservation?
The sooner the better! During the busier months we tend to be completely booked out and so it is recommended that if you know when you want to fish you book as soon as possible!
What is provided on the trip?
- Fishing license for everyone
- Rods & Reels
- Bait & Tackle
How can I avoid getting seasick?
To avoid seasickness be good to yourself! A good night’s sleep and healthy diet will help a lot. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink the night before and the day of the charter. There are many products available over the counter throughout the Florida Keys to help with your possible seasickness. Take as directed prior to your trip.
What about tipping?
The standard tip for the crew is 20% of the total fare.
How many people does the boat hold?
- Premium Time, Reel Deal and the FishMonster Light can take a max of 6 people per boat.
What if it’s raining?
Rain doesn’t bother the fish! In the summer it can cool things down and most showers are just a passing thing. A lot of the time when it’s raining on shore, it’s not on the Gulf.
We keep a close eye on the weather and if it is not safe to go, we will contact you and give you the choice of either rescheduling or a refund. This decision is at the full discretion of the captain.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
- The reservation can be secured by credit card.
- Customary tip for trips that require a deckhand or mate is usually 20% of total cost. Please take care of your mate!
- We collect the 20% deposit to reserve your date and time slot. This deposit is non-refundable unless the fishing trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather or unforeseen boat problems. This cancellation is made at the dock on the day of the trip, only at the Captain’s discretion. All other cancellations forfeit the 20% deposit.
- Our booking policy is to meet at the boat at the agreed time and place on the day of the trip. If the fishing trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather, we will try to re-book your fishing trip for a better day if the customer’s schedule allows, otherwise we will cheerfully refund your entire 20% deposit.
- Cancellations by customers with less than a 48-hour phone call notice and no shows at the dock by customers on the day of the fishing trip will be charged to their credit card the full amount of the length charter slot they have reserved. When you reserve a fishing trip, we do not book anyone else for that time slot.
- We do not have a special cancellation policy for COVID, all cancellations must be done 30 days prior to receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date will forfeit a 20% deposit.
- Cancellations by customers with less than a 48-hour phone call notice and no shows at the dock by customers on the day of the fishing trip will be charged to their credit card the full amount of the length charter slot they have reserved.