Frequently Asked Questions
Looking Glass Sandbar Tour FAQ’s
Here are some answers to common questions we often get regarding our Looking Glass Sandbar charters. We hope these answers help. If you have other questions, please feel free to call us anytime at 305-432-0046.
When should I make a reservation?
The sooner the better! During the busier months we tend to be completely booked out and so it is recommended that if you know the date you want you book as soon as possible!
What should I bring with me on the charter?
You will want to bring:
- Food and Drinks (bottled water is provided)
- Sunglasses (preferably polarized)
How can I avoid getting seasick?
To avoid seasickness be good to yourself! A good night’s sleep and healthy diet will help a lot. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink the night before and the day of the charter. There are many products available over the counter throughout the Florida Keys to help with your possible seasickness. Take as directed prior to your trip.
What about tipping?
The standard tip for the captain is 20% of the total fare.
How many people does the boat hold?
The Looking Glass holds a maximum of 6 people.
How early do I need to arrive?
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your departure time.
Where can I park?
All parking around us is pay to park. There is a parking lot at A&B Marina and Conch Seafood Republic and parking on Front St, Greene St and Simonton that are paid by the hour. Uber and Lyft are also available on the island.
Booking & Cancellation Policies
- The reservation can be secured by credit card.
- We collect the 20% deposit to reserve your date and time slot. This deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather or unforeseen boat problems. This cancellation is made at the dock on the day of the trip, only at the Captain’s discretion. All other cancellations forfeit the 20% deposit.
- Our booking policy is to meet at the boat at the agreed time and place on the day of the trip. If the trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather, we will try to re-book your trip for a better day if the customer’s schedule allows, otherwise we will cheerfully refund your entire 20% deposit.
- Cancellations by customers with less than a 48-hour phone call notice and no shows at the dock by customers on the day of the trip will be charged to their credit card the full amount of the length charter slot they have reserved. When you reserve a Looking Glass trip, we do not book anyone else for that time slot.
- We do not have a special cancellation policy for COVID, all cancellations must be done 30 days prior to receive a full refund.
- Cancelations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date will forfeit a 20% deposit.
- Cancellations by customers with less than a 48-hour phone call notice and no shows at the dock by customers on the day of the fishing trip will be charged to their credit card the full amount of the length charter slot they have reserved.